Leaving a Legacy of Freedom
James Madison once wrote, “There seems then to be a foundation in the nature of things, in the relation which one generation bears to another…”
This simple passage speaks to the impact of acting today to preserve the ideals and institutions that benefit future generations.
Legacy Giving Options
Your legacy giving options include:
- A simple bequest that remembers JMI in your will.
- An estate gift of publicly-traded stock.
- A life insurance policy that designates JMI as a primary or contingent beneficiary.
- A bank, investment, or retirement account, that designates JMI as a primary or contingent beneficiary.
- A gift in trust.
- Other estate gifts in accordance with JMI’s gift acceptance guidelines.
To learn about other legacy gift options, please contact Austin Moser at 850-386-3131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join JMI’s Legacy Society as a Charter Member
We invite you to create your legacy for freedom today by including The James Madison Institute in your estate plans.
Your benefits include:
- The assurance that you have left a meaningful legacy to safeguard the future of our nation.
- Your name inscribed in a place of honor at JMI’s headquarters in Tallahassee, FL (of course, you may also choose to remain anonymous).
- Two complimentary tickets to our annual dinner.
- Our exclusive Legacy Society memento gift.
To join the Legacy Society and help to secure the future of freedom in the Sunshine State, you simply make a commitment to include JMI in your will by sharing this sample bequest language with your attorney and make your intention known to us:
I give to The James Madison Institute, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) Corporation headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida, (Federal Tax ID: 59-2811908) the sum of $______ (or ____% of my estate; or the property described herein) for its general purposes.
JMI LEGACY SOCIETY CONTACT