Assistant Director of Development
- Reports directly to Director of Development
- Full-time position based in our Tallahassee, FL office
- Salary Range $50,000-$55,000 (bonus opportunities available)
- Full health and retirement benefits
- Paid holidays, annual leave and medical leave
- Travel expected
- Desired start date August 2022
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-3 years of experience in non-profit or political fundraising
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Notable relationship-building skills
- Familiarity with relational databases (Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred) and basic Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- An understanding of Florida politics and public policy
- Commitment to the principles of limited government and free markets
- Manage and strengthen individual relationships with low to mid-level donors—including but not limited to face-to-face meetings, phone calls, and written correspondence.
- Facilitate giving levels program and establish a monthly giving program
- Develop donor communications strategy to further relationships with current donors.
- Manage and execute digital fundraising efforts.
- Conduct development research, screening and qualifying of current donors and prospects.
- Assist with special events throughout the year—focusing on donor engagement prior to, during and post-event.
- Other duties as assigned by President/CEO and Director of Development.
Interested applicants should e-mail resume and cover letter to Becky Liner at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant Director of Development Application.” Please do not call the office.