For PDF of Amendment Guide Only click Amendment Guide 2014. AMENDMENT 1 TITLE: Water and Land Conservation – Dedicates funds to acquire and restore Florida conservation and recreation lands REFERENCE: State Constitution, Article X, Section 28 BALLOT LANGUAGE: Funds the Land Acquisition Trust Fund to acquire, restore, improve, and manage conservation lands including wetlands …
VIEW FULL JOURNAL: Fall 2014 The Enduring Legacies of JMI’s Founder, Dr. J. Stanley Marshall including A Guide to What’s at Stake in November’s General Election (PDF). For an excerpt of the Amendment Guide ONLY click here.
VIEW FULL JOURNAL: Winter-Spring 2014 Florida Ranks High on Issues That Matter (PDF).
2013 Spring Anniversary Edition Journal: “Celebrating 25 Years as Florida’s Premier Free-Market Think Tank”Posted 03/15/2013
VIEW FULL JOURNAL: Fall 2012 Special Edition of The Journal of The James Madison Institute (PDF)
2012 Fall Special Edition Journal: “2012 Florida Voters’ Guide to Proposed Constitutional Amendments”Posted 10/03/2012
VIEW FULL JOURNAL: Fall 2012 Special Edition of The Journal of The James Madison Institute (PDF) VIEW PRESS RELEASE: JMI Fall 2012 Amendment Guide Press Release (PDF)
View Full Journal: Summer 2012 Journal of The James Madison Institute (PDF) View Articles: “The 20th Century’s Greatest President Was … Calvin Coolidge?” (PDF) by William Mattox Many historians downgrade “Silent Cal,” but he had many redeeming qualities.
View Full Journal: Winter 2012 Journal of The James Madison Institue (PDF) View Articles: “Author Interview: More God, Less Crime” (PDF) A question-and-answer session on corrections reform with Dr. Byron Johnson.
The Summer/Fall 2011 Journal of The James Madison Institute gets back to basics and focuses on a range of critical, foundational issues affecting our nation and our state. The cover story “Reviving the Tenth Amendment” discusses the need for states to reassert their 10th Amendment rights in order to counter the growing dysfunction of the …
Designed to help inform policy makers about the issues that are crucial for Florida’s economic recovery, the Winter/Spring 2011 edition of The Journal of The James Madison Institute covers lots of “hows” and “whys,” including these: How diversifying our economy could help prevent a recurrence of the historic “boom-and-bust” cycle caused by an overreliance on …
- Orlando Sentinel — Freedom of choice leads to the freedom to serve others: Front Burner
- Cindy Graves Show (Radio AM600, WBOB) Jacksonville, Fla. — Dr. Bob McClure discusses freedom to innovate vs. regulation
- Seeking Alpha — The Unsustainable State Of The Florida Property Insurance Market, Part I
- The Bradenton Herald — Critics say they fear unrestrained Gov. Rick Scott in second term
- November Madison Movie Night - "Rockin' the Wall" 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall
The Challenger Learning Center's IMAX Theater (Nov 20)
- Freedom to Innovate -- "Hoppy" Hour
Jacksonville, FL (Oct 30)
- JMI sponsors Students for Liberty Conference; VP of Advancement Francisco Gonzalez & Senior Fellow Brad Hobbs to speak
Gainesville, FL (Oct 25)
- JMI Resident Fellow Bill Mattox leads teacher workshop at the Florida Council of the Social Studies
Orlando, FL (Oct 25)