Table of Contents: (Click on titles for full summary) EDUCATION: HB 867 (SB 862)/FAILED: Relating to Parent Empowerment in Education by Rep. Trujillo (Sen. Stargel) SB 1076 / SIGNED by Governor: Relating to K-20 Education by Sen. Legg SB 1108 (HB 465) / SENT to Governor: Relating to Exceptional Student Education by Sen. Gardiner (Rep. …
2013 Florida Legislative Session Breakdown A summary of many of the public policy decisions made in 2013, where they stand and what they’ll mean for Florida. Another Florida Legislative Session has come and gone… Headquartered in Florida’s Capital City, The James Madison Institute (JMI) team knows Tallahassee still hums after the Sine Die …
March 2012 – Policy Brief – “Proactive Disclosure in the Sunshine State: A 2012 Progress Report on Government Transparency “Posted 03/09/2012
By William Mattox Resident Fellow, The James Madison Institute Weather patterns in the Florida panhandle have not changed much since last March. Nevertheless, the citizens of Jackson County have benefitted from a significant increase in “sunshine” over the last year. That’s because public officials in Marianna, the county seat, have made “proactive disclosure” of county …
Floridians Finally Will Get a Chance to See Where Their Tax Money Goes By Rep. Greg Evers Spring/Summer 2010 Journal Government spends your money. You deserve to know where it goes. Soon you may.
Transparency Can Keep Government Accountable By Barbara A. Peterson Spring/Summer 2009 Journal Taxpayers deserve to see where their money goes – and it shouldn’t be so difficult.
“Technology + Transparency = More Accountability” by Grover Norquist Spring 2008 Journal
“Public Disclosure: A Founding Principle that Boosts Accountability Today” by Pat Gleason Fall 2007 Journal
- News Press: Hurricane Catastrophe Fund needs restructuring while its still possible
- EMAIL: Spotlight on holiday cheer & all that we’ve done to close out the year!
- Share in the spirit of the season at JMI’s Holiday Open House on Dec. 17
- JMI Seminar: Dec. 3, 2013 — Permission to Work: How Licensing Laws Cripple Opportunity
- JMI Celebrates Thrift Week
- JMI Seminar -- Dec. 3, 2013 -- Permission to Work: How Licensing Laws Cripple Opportunity
Live Oak B., Student Union Florida Atlantic University Boca Raton Campus 777 Glades Union Boca Raton FL 33431 (Dec 3)
- JMI American Cause Seminar at FIU - Free with RSVP!
Florida International University Diaz-Balart Law Building Large Courtroom, Room 1000 (Nov 19)
- JMI Hosts Stephen Hayes at our Naples Luncheon - Tickets/Sponsorships Available
The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples (Nov 14)