VIEW FULL JOURNAL: Winter-Spring 2014 Florida Ranks High on Issues That Matter (PDF).
Table of Contents: (Click on titles for full summary) EDUCATION: HB 867 (SB 862)/FAILED: Relating to Parent Empowerment in Education by Rep. Trujillo (Sen. Stargel) SB 1076 / SIGNED by Governor: Relating to K-20 Education by Sen. Legg SB 1108 (HB 465) / SENT to Governor: Relating to Exceptional Student Education by Sen. Gardiner (Rep. …
2013 Florida Legislative Session Breakdown A summary of many of the public policy decisions made in 2013, where they stand and what they’ll mean for Florida. Another Florida Legislative Session has come and gone… Headquartered in Florida’s Capital City, The James Madison Institute (JMI) team knows Tallahassee still hums after the Sine Die …
March 2012 – Policy Brief – “Proactive Disclosure in the Sunshine State: A 2012 Progress Report on Government Transparency “Posted 03/09/2012
By William Mattox Resident Fellow, The James Madison Institute Weather patterns in the Florida panhandle have not changed much since last March. Nevertheless, the citizens of Jackson County have benefitted from a significant increase in “sunshine” over the last year. That’s because public officials in Marianna, the county seat, have made “proactive disclosure” of county …
Floridians Finally Will Get a Chance to See Where Their Tax Money Goes By Rep. Greg Evers Spring/Summer 2010 Journal Government spends your money. You deserve to know where it goes. Soon you may.
Transparency Can Keep Government Accountable By Barbara A. Peterson Spring/Summer 2009 Journal Taxpayers deserve to see where their money goes – and it shouldn’t be so difficult.
- Orlando Sentinel — Freedom of choice leads to the freedom to serve others: Front Burner
- Cindy Graves Show (Radio AM600, WBOB) Jacksonville, Fla. — Dr. Bob McClure discusses freedom to innovate vs. regulation
- Seeking Alpha — The Unsustainable State Of The Florida Property Insurance Market, Part I
- The Bradenton Herald — Critics say they fear unrestrained Gov. Rick Scott in second term
- November Madison Movie Night - "Rockin' the Wall" 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall
The Challenger Learning Center's IMAX Theater (Nov 20)
- Freedom to Innovate -- "Hoppy" Hour
Jacksonville, FL (Oct 30)
- JMI sponsors Students for Liberty Conference; VP of Advancement Francisco Gonzalez & Senior Fellow Brad Hobbs to speak
Gainesville, FL (Oct 25)
- JMI Resident Fellow Bill Mattox leads teacher workshop at the Florida Council of the Social Studies
Orlando, FL (Oct 25)