VIEW FULL JOURNAL: Winter-Spring 2014 Florida Ranks High on Issues That Matter (PDF).
Backgrounder 74: Ten Reforms to Fix Florida’s Property Insurance Marketplace — Without Raising RatesPosted 11/07/2013
Click here to read the full Backgrounder: Ten Reforms to Fix Florida’s Property Insurance Marketplace — Without Raising Rates FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 7, 2013 CONTACT: Valerie Wickboldt (850) 386-3131 firstname.lastname@example.org JMI and the R Street Institute Recommend 10 Reforms to Fix Florida’s Property Insurance Marketplace Without Raising Rates ~ The upcoming Legislative Session gives …
Table of Contents: (Click on titles for full summary) EDUCATION: HB 867 (SB 862)/FAILED: Relating to Parent Empowerment in Education by Rep. Trujillo (Sen. Stargel) SB 1076 / SIGNED by Governor: Relating to K-20 Education by Sen. Legg SB 1108 (HB 465) / SENT to Governor: Relating to Exceptional Student Education by Sen. Gardiner (Rep. …
2013 Florida Legislative Session Breakdown A summary of many of the public policy decisions made in 2013, where they stand and what they’ll mean for Florida. Another Florida Legislative Session has come and gone… Headquartered in Florida’s Capital City, The James Madison Institute (JMI) team knows Tallahassee still hums after the Sine Die …
JMI Capital Report BP Seeks Amends: So Far So Good By Will Patrick – December 8, 2011 TALLAHASSEE– BP is still doing everything it can to make amends for the Deepwater Horizon disaster. That’s the message conveyed by Geir Robinson, British Petroleum’s Vice President of Economic Restoration for theGulfCoastregion. Last Friday, the BP executive announced …
“Climategate” Provides Lesson for Policy Makers By Robert J. Bebber Spring/Summer 2010 Journal Exposure of scientists’ emails raised red flags about the validity of their claims.
Governor Crist’s Everglades Land Buy Costs Too Much, Won’t Do the Job By Michael Collins Spring/Summer 2010 Journal The cost of acquiring the U.S. Sugar property will hurt other vital projects.
Economic Interests and Property Rights Can be Preserved, Along with the Everglades By Thom Rumberger Spring/Summer 2010 Journal The acquisition of the U.S. Sugar property is a key piece in a much larger puzzle.
Salvaging What is Left of the Everglades is Vitally Important to Florida’s Future By Robert F. Sanchez Will Florida’s proposed purchase of hundreds of acres of land from U.S. Sugar help or hurt? In the words of Fox News, “We report, you decide.”
Obama’s Climate/Energy Agenda: Trouble for Florida By James M. Taylor Spring/Summer 2009 Journal Drilling bans and “Cap and Trade” schemes will cost jobs and hurt the state’s economy.
- Better Returns for a Safer Florida: Aligning Taxpayer Investments in the Juvenile Justice System with Strategies Proven to Increase Public Safety
- Miami Herald: Big money, powerful lobbying groups push school voucher proposal
- Tampa Bay Times: Big money, powerful lobbying groups push Florida voucher proposal
- Marco Island Eagle: Guest column: Robert McClure: Fla. business climate’s big flaw: occupational licensing and regulation
- Bob Sanchez on WFSU's "It's About Florida"
- Bob Sanchez Interviews with Capitol News Service on Florida's Dirty Dozen Study
- Dr. Bob McClure Speaking at Republican Club of the Palm Beaches
Palm Beach (Feb 26)
- Dr. Bob McClure Speaking at Broward YRs, Republican Federated Women and Republican Business Network
BJ's Brewhouse in Coral Springs (Feb 25)